Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Bird in the Hand Swap

Happy Sunday all!  I just wanted to share my creations for Danielle's a bird in the hand 5 x 5 collage & nest swap.  This was so much fun!  We had to make a bird collage using some vintage materials so I used vintage wallpaper, French lace, an old button, vintage beads, and a bird illustration that is from the 1930's.  My guess it was free when you bought a gallon of Clorox Bleach, like those little bird cards that came free when you bought a pack of cigarettes back in the day.  For my bird nest I glued some moss and lace to the outside and stuffed the inside of the nest with shredded paper.  I then glued three, little plastic eggs to the paper and attached a little bird, flowers, and leaves to the top of the nest.  When I was ready to ship, I forgot that I had to attach the nest to something sturdy so I was kind of scrambling to find something cute to attach the nest to.  What I came up with was this cute, little jar that I stuffed with paper and more eggs.  I hope who ever receives my swap loves it just as much as I do!





12 comments:

Krissy Kat said...

Kelly, these are absolutely adorable! Whoever gets them are very very lucky!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Kelly,
Lovely creations!
I hope you are enJOYing a lovely Sunday evening,
Kimberly

Kasia said...

What goodies! I love the birdies so much! Anything birdie, Im there! really lovely stuff!

Hugs,

Blondie's Journal said...

These are darling, Kelly!!

Are you enjoying our WARM weekend?!!

XO,
Jane

julie - eab designs said...

What a wonderful idea for a swap and your creations are so sweet!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

What a wonderful swap - your collage and nest are so sweet and adorable :)

Robin said...

What a beautiful collage and nest Kelly!

Hugs,
Robin

bikim said...

gorgeous!
take care,
Rosa

Martina2801 said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. Your art is fantastic! What a wonderful Blog you have! I will be back for frequent visits for inspiration!
Hugs
MARTINA xox

Kathy said...

I missed this post Kelly.. love your bird collage.. too pretty...
Kath
xx

Lovey said...

Beautifully made...feels like Spring is here to stay! Love the birdy...smiles.

classic • casual • home said...

So charming...you are going to make someone's day!