Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

An American Picker at Goodwill!

My sister, husband and I were lucky enough to meet MikeWolfe from the History Channel's American Pickers on Saturday!  The local Goodwill was hosting a meet and greet, so the 3 of us decided to go.  Mike was very nice.  He signed autographs and posed for pictures.  I also found some great things.  I purchased an adorable Woodstock which is now living in my craft room and I also purchased some vintage doilies and 100 yards of vintage lace, all for a few bucks! Have a great week everyone!




10 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great time it looks like you are having! I bet you are thrilled with all the lace you found. I wish we had a Goodwill close to us, I've only been in one once and hubby rushed me through!

You look so cute in the picture!

XO,
Jane

Blessings from Cindy said...

I just love that show! How cool for you to meet Mike Wolfe. Your treasures are great too! Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Cindy

Ruffles and Relics said...

That is so neat.. I would love to go pickin' with them.

Vicki said...

We love that show. How fun!

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Hi Kelly, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I can't believe you met him ~ I live in IL also not too far from you I think and I would have loved to meet him! (I did visit his IA store last weekend, though!) This post would be great over at my Club G.W. with Charm Bracelet Diva Party going on right now! Perhaps you can link up? Us "pickers" need to stick together! :) Oh, and I'm your newest follower!

xoxo
Kathleen

Curtains In My Tree said...

So glad you got to see Mike

wonder where Frank was?

have you seen the Sster Pickers? I liked it some gals didn't like it

janice

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Thanks so much for linking up! I'm still in awe that you got to meet him at CLub G.W.!

xoxo
Kathleen

Mimi said...

That is so cool you were able to meet Mike! I'm so jealous. Looks like a lot of fun. Plus I love what you bought. Thanks for sharing!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What fun!

marie said...

How neat that youmet Mike....I love that show! I wonder - did he find anything to "pick" at the GW? Love that lace trim that you found!