Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Altered Bottle Swap

Hello everyone!  I participated in a really fun altered bottle swap at The Altered Paper .  My swap partner was Mercedes .  The first bottle is what I made.  I tried to use as much vintage as I could.  The lace, doily, ribbon, and key are true vintage.  As you can see I used one of my favorite mediums, wax!  It's fun to heat up that melting pot and go!  I also tried my hand at soldering at the top of the bottle.  The 2nd bottle is what Mercedes made for me.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I just love everything about it!  The colors, do-dads, ribbon, and Marie image!  The beautiful bottle now stands proud next to my other Marie bottle!  Thanks for looking!



10 comments:

marie said...

Both bottles are beautiful! What an awesome to be in! The Tussies in the previous are amazing too!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I want to try soldering too!! These turned out beautifully! I love all the vintage!

Anneke said...

your bottles are gorgeous and i like them vey much

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

OMG!! these are both Gorgeous, I've been meaning to alter a bottle for a while...So. thank you for some lovely inspiration :)
Oh, and the tussies in the previous post are absolutely fab too!!
Jan x

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Your bottles are amazing! Gorgeous details and so many vintage touches! Love them!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Gorgeous bottles, Kelly!
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

Lululiz said...

That must have been a wonderful swap to be in. Both bottles are just gorgeous.

Robin said...

Beautiful bottles Kelly!

Hugs,
Robin

Wanda said...

Beautiful Kelly you did a fabulous job. they are both lovely. TTFN

The Altered Paper said...

I cant believe the Fabulous Job You Ladies Did On The Altered Bottles!! Beautiful Work! Hugs,Tee