Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Flowers and Frames

Happy weekend everyone!  On a recent trip to Michael's and Joann's I found some great stuff in the bargain bins. I made some fabric flowers with all of the pretty silk I bought on clearance.  All I did was cut a bunch of circles, fold in fours, cut in the middle of the folds, crumple the circles, and burn the edges.  Finally I hot glued all of the layers together and sewed a button in the middle.  Kind of cute for my first attempt.  What do you ladies think?  After I made the flowers, I was still in a crafty mood so I decided I was going to do something with the cute $1.99 frames I bought at Michael's.  All I did was glue some patterned paper to the back and hot glued the  Tim Holtz figurine and applique to each frame.  Nice, easy and cute!    Thanks for looking!



8 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Your handmade flowers are gorgeous, fantastic for a 1st attempt! and the little frames are very sweet :)
Have a lovely weekend.
Jan x

Robin said...

Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous! The frames also look cool. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Robin

Kasia said...

this is indeed cuuute! I love the way these turned out! Thanks for letting us know how you did that! :D

Hugs,

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love the frames and your flowers look real!

Carol

Dezinaworld said...

those are such beautiful flowers, such lush colours and the frames are so pretty
hugs June

Lynn Stevens said...

Beautiful flowers!!!! and a darling frame!
hugs Lynn

Ivy and Elephants said...

Very cute and fun to make. Thanks for sharing with us.
Patti

marie said...

Your flowers are beautiful and I love, love, love that little frozen Charlotte in the frame!