Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Late Summer Flowers

Hi everyone!  I feel like I haven't blogged in forever.  The last couple of weeks have been horrendous!  Of course when my husband and I went to my in-laws little place in Pennsylvania, I suddenly came down with the flu and now I have bronchitis that's giving me asthma attacks.  Ugh!  School also started so I'm trying to get into the swing of things.  Well enough of that...............The only crafts I've been working are swap related, an altered bottle for the Altered Paper group and a tussie for the Marie Antoinette Style Trade Group.  So what I'm posting are some photos of some flowers from my garden.  My dear neighbor watered my flowers while I was in Pennsylvania and to my surprise everything looked so lush and pretty when we came back.  Thanks for taking a peak and I hope everyone has a nice, long weekend!






These are all of my broken garden pieces that I don't have the heart to throw away. Don't they kind of look like archaeological pieces?



17 comments:

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Kelly,
Love your beautiful blooms! I did very little outside primping this year, we were busy in the spring with inside work, and before I knew, it was hot and summery. Thanks for letting me enJOY the fruits of your labors, even if only in pictures.
have a lovely weekend,
Kim

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your beautiful visit, and comment.
Love the blooms over here, it looks like we have alot in common!

I am going to enjoy getting to know you better, visit soon :)
Have a soulful weekend.
Cheers
Dore'

Kathy said...

Pretty, pretty flowers. I love fall but I'm going to hate to see summer go. Kane County Flea Market is this weekend. :o)

Kathy

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie's Journal said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather...I have asthma too and it's really terrible for me in the winter. Hope you are better.

Very pretty blooms! Things seem to be petering out here except for my impatiens. How sweet of your neighbor to keep things going for you!!

XO,
Jane

Nook & Cranny said...

Pretty flowers. I wouldn't beable to throw those garden items away either.
Thanks for stopping by my pink glitter post.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Divine Theatre said...

We are just beginning our gardens! I am looking forward to seeing everything grow in and bloom in abundance like your garden!
I am your newest follower!

Andie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Hope you get back to 100% soon. It's awful getting sick while traveling.
Love your flowers and your bits, I'd keep them too. Probably put them in a big pot or the flower bed.
(())

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Hope you are feeling better! I keep all of my broken garden pieces too

Carol

Bella said...

Love all those pretty pink blooms! Hope you feel better soon!
Bella

Betsy (BB) said...

These are lovely! I would keep the broken pieces too_ they have character! I hope you fell better soon!

Kris Pare said...

Hi Kelly! thank you for stopping by. Loving the flowers..I am checking out your Marie group. That sounds fun :)
Have a wonderful weekend, Kris

Bonjade said...

Love broken garden pieces....they tell a story.
Love your flowers.
Hope you are feeling better.
Fine sunday

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Kelly, I adore your broken garden pieces, in fact, that is what I have been looking for on my treasure hunts. Found one thing Saturday morning but it wasn't quite right so I'll keep searching. Happy Pink Saturday and Labor Day.

Wandering Thought said...

Well, your flowers are beautiful and cheerful..I would have a hard time throwing the garden pieces out too. They still look wonderful

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

I hope you are feeling much better now!!! I know you posted this a while ago, but those stinking colds can linger! Sending you chicken soup thoughts..

Vicki said...

Kel, I hope you are feeling better. That sounds terrible! Thanks for visiting and hope you are on the mend now. p.s. - flowers are lovely!