Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tussie Swap

Hi!  I love Tussies.  They are such fun to make!  I participated in a tussie swap in the Marie Antoinette Style Trade Group I belong to.  I decided that I would tag a stab at making a fabric tussie.  My sewing skills are basic at the least, but I tried the best I could and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.  My inspiration was Mandy's Dior-like cone on her blog, a la parisienne.  The next tussie is what I received from Marie.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I just love the sweet birdcage with the adorable bird and the toile paper she used.  Thanks for taking a peek!



5 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Kelly , I hope you are feeling better. I love the picture of the Tuzzie you sent me, I din't take one before I emptied it of all the goodies you had in it. And that is a fabulous picture of the one Marie made, and she was worried that she couldn't do it, it is smashing don't you think. Take care and stay well. TTFN

Marie Antionette said...

I'm glad you liked the Tussie.I sure love the one Wanda made for me.It is gorgeous...Kelly...Your cloth tussie is just to fab.I love the color,rhinestone broches and the flower...Just to beaiutiful.
I want to thank you and Wanda for letting me in on your swap.
I hope you also feel better soon.
May God bless you Dear,
Hugs Marie Antionette

Chelsea said...

Hi Kelly, This is so unique and beautiful to me. Wow! Just gorgeous!!!

Hugs and Love.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That cone with the bird cage is such a cute idea!

The Altered Paper said...

Both Tussies are Simply Gorgeous! Wow! Hugs,Tee