Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Na - Da Farm Event

I had such an amazing time at Na - Da Farm this past weekend.  This was the first time I have ever took an overnight road trip by myself and it was a lot of fun.  Catching up with an awesome Dean Koontz book, eating peanut M & M's, and watching Ghost Adventures without the hubby's skeptic comments, who could ask for more!  I also met some really cool ladies and I finally got to meet the ever most sophisticated Alison from The Polo House .  I registered for three classes during my time at the farm.  Friday night was the first class.  It was called Avenues to an Artful Business, hosted by two amazing and creative women, Jeanne Oliver and Jennifer Rizzo.  The class was very inspiring and they both offered great tips on how to start your own etsy store, web business, and blog.  Saturday was my creative day.  The two classes I took were Vintage Art Journal and Mixed Media Art, both taught by Jeanne Oliver.  Both classes were absolutely wonderful!  Thank you so much for your encouragement and kind words Jeanne! 

My Art


Scenes From the Farm







I love these big paper flowers!

Jeanne and I (I know, bad picture)

18 comments:

Creative Wings Boutique said...

i wanted to go to this soo bad but hubby was not into me going by myself. looks like you had a blast... luv ur journal
hugs
tabitha

Elaine Akers said...

Kelly, I have enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the many projects you have created. Your journal is just lovely.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh...your journal turned out lovely!! Wonderful instructors! I wanted to go so bad but hubs didn't get home early enough. I have never driven 140 miles one way by myself. You go girl!!

XO,
Jane

Kathy said...

I am glad you were able to go! It sounds like you had a blast and that you were able to take away a lot from this trip- great journal!
Kathy

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hi Kelly,
So happy for you, what a great time! Love your journal, simply beautiful!
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

Leslie said...

Oh!
How fun!
You are so very creative and I'm sure you totally enjoyed your time alone. I know I would!
Hope you cam home refreshed and inspired!
I love Peanut M&M's, too. Especially love them frozen :)
Hugs and blessings to you!
~Leslie

Wanda said...

Hi Kelly, sounds like you had a great time. The farm looks amazing. TTFN

Marcia said...

Hi Kelly, thank you for the birthday wishes. So nice of you to stop by. Glad that you were able to get away and enjoy yourself. Love those paper flowers too.

Much love!

Kasia said...

This is so sweet! Hope you had fun!

Hugs,

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

WOW, sounded like lots of Fun! Love your creations, your journal is stunning Kelly!
Jan x

Anne Marie said...

Hi! So glad you had a good time on the farm....great pictures of the farm too!!

have a great weekend :)
xo+blessings,
Anne Marie

The Altered Paper said...

Sounds like a fun & creative weekend!!Would love to do somethng like that! Hugs,Tee

Marilou of Lulu's Lovlies and Heartful Creations said...

looks like you had a great time Kelly, love the journal! Hugs Marilou

Annesphamily said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Your photos are terrific. I want to make a one of a kind journal. I am not very crafty!Any advice?
HPS to you and enjoy the weekend!

Stephanie Suzanne ♥ Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Kelly,

I know you had a great time learning and exploring with your art. I love trying new things but I'm hopelessly hooked on my crochet and hand sewing and my photography..much to learn with that. :0)

Thank you so very much for visiting with me. Drop by anytime and I'll do the same.

I'm now following you too. ♥

Wishing you a week filled with Pink Sparkles,
Stephanie ♥

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a great trip...hope you had fun for both of us because I wish I could have been there. I am loving your gorgeous journal.

Paula

Kris Pare said...

oh,oh,fun!!! Your projects are wonderful and glad it was a great trip. Isn't wonderful not to have those, really are you watching that looks?! I get those too :)

Susan said...

Oh looks like you had fun. Wish I would have know you were going, we could have met up somewhere. Love all you artwrok. Thanks for keeping in touch. Drive over to Elburn and you can have a pillow.