Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Attacking the Project Box!

Hello!  I wanted to show everyone my first chair project with burlap and my grapevine wreath.  I bought this huge coffee burlap bag in the summer and I've finally put my brave face on and "reupholstered" the seat. I really like how the seat turned out!   Sometimes it take me awhile to try something new, because of my long-standing confidence issues.  How many other bloggers out there struggle with confidence????  The grapevine wreath has been sitting in the basement forever!  All I did was add some burlap, handmade flowers, ribbon and some butterfly's.  What do you fellow bloggers think?  I would love your opinions!  Hugs to all and have a wonderful week!



12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous...after these two outstanding projects you definitely shoud NOT have confidence problems. Now keep up the good work!!

XO,
Jane

PS...can I copy your wreath?!!

The Altered Paper said...

Both Projects Rock! The Burlap Bag For The Chair Seat was a Fantastic/Clever Idea!
Turned Out Really Neat! Hugs,Tee

Wanda said...

Brave girl Kelly, you stepped out of your comfort zone and did a great job in both areas. Now you have 2 new things to adorn your home. TTFN

Char said...

Kelly,
I can't believe you made that. What a great job you did on the chair and I love the burlap. I am glad that you came out and braved the project. You make is look so simple too.
Char

Divine Theatre said...

I love them both!
Someone just told me about a Habitat for Humanity store on Jefferson Street in Joliet. I am heading out next week. Have you been there yet? More stuff to tweak and paint ! LOL!

Kasia said...

WOW! Both these pieces are spectacular!!! If this is your first time, you've managed to stun me! I absolutely love the feel and the colours that constectualize these! :D

Hugs,

Pattie said...

coming over fro Nikki's blog to check your blog out LOVE... and your newest follower....

Healing Woman said...

I absolutely love the way your burlap chair turned out..so chic!

Tulip Row said...

I'm your newest follower, you can follow back at tuliprow.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

Aren't you glad you just went for it? I love how both of these projects turned out. I always feel so good when I've used something that's been sitting around for a long time. Great job!!

Julie said...

Love your covered chair! Burlap is so fun to work with! Your burlap flowers on your wreath are awesome!
Thanks for sharing these lovely projects!!
Julie

Sophie's Art said...

Wow!

Was ist das für ein toller Stuhl.
Auf dem Sitzkissen steht Bremen und Germany drauf.

Ich bin begeistert. Großartig!

Viele Grüße