Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Finally!

Hi everyone!  I'm finally back to blogging after a too long of a hiatus.  The good news is that I started a new job!  More money and more duties that are more suited toward my degree.  I finally feel like a have a "career" now!  I'm a job coach/job developer for special education students.  I loved my old job as a special education assistant, but unfortunately the school districts around here just don't want to pay aides and assistants the money they deserve!  My husband and I have also been working on the house.  We want to sell in the next two years, so we've been painting and putting new floors upstairs.  My "craft" room has a new floor, paint, shelves, sheers, and shades.  It looks so pretty now!  I'll post pictures later.  

I started a garden journal a few months back and my first "to do" in my new room is to get caught up with projects and get my swaps done.  This garden journal has my thinking about spring already!  How many are sooooooo ready for spring?










14 comments:

Kasia said...

Welcome back!!! Glad to hear that youre happy now and in a career you deserve! :)
I adore the journal you've created!!! Its simply stunning and it smells of spring! :D

Hugs,

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Hey Kelly,
The journal is lovely!
Best of luck in the new job, it sounds like a very rewarding field.
enJOY a lovely day,
Kimberly

julie - eab designs said...

Congratulations on your new position Kelly! ~ Your garden journal is just beautiful. Spring is almost here, seeing how we really had no winter this year. I actually have a few daffodils blooming this morning.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your art journal is fabulous! I am looking forward to starting my first altered book-following a course given by Bluebeard and Elizabeth (Dot)blogspot(dot)com. Thanks for visiting my blog & for your lovely comment on my beaded flowers!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Kelly, your journals are fabulous! I love the birdhouse! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Welcome back and congrats on your new job!

The Altered Paper-Creations by Tee said...

Kelly This is Gorgeous! You Can See The Work That Has Went into it! Nice! Hugs,Tee

Susan said...

Hey welcome back. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I am loving "Pinterest" these days. Have a great Thursday.

Marti McClure said...

Kelly, This journal is lovely! I'm so happy to be your partner in the MAMA bottle swap. ~Marti

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Congratulations on your new job! Your album is spectacular!

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

I love this gorgeous journal...how pretty! :)

I wanted to let you know that I'm hosting a month-long Giveaway Jubilee beginning March 1st. I know you've hosted giveaways before and thought you might be interested. You can participate as a giver, a (hopefully) winner, or both! Just click on the button at the top right of my sidebar that says "Giveaway Jubilee" for more info.

Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Sarah

Betsy said...

Oh wow! Your journal is so pretty; so many little details and such an inspiration. Keep up the good work!

Wanda said...

Hi Kelly, your garden journal is so beautiful. I hope you are doing well and having a good time in your newly done craft room. TTFN Wanda

Lorraine said...

Oooh, your garden journal is so beautiful!!

Carol Mae said...

Love your Garden Journal, it's so beautiful. So ready for spring also.