Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm a Bad Blogger!

It's been so long since I've blogged, again....................  I haven't been creating much lately, there is just not enough hours in the day!  Walking afterwork and getting myself in shape has kind of been my top priority lately.  Ever since my mom's sudden death in November 2010 from congestive heart failure, I have been telling myself I have to get into shape, because I don't want to die at 62 like my mom did. Wellllllllll I haven't been doing much about it.  I don't know if it was talking a walk along the I & M Canal, enjoying the birds sing or seeing a pretty sunset one evening, but I know now I have to care more about myself.  Life is not about fitting into a bikini, it's about feeling better!

I did manage to participate in a atc swap at Tee's Blog.  The swap was to incorporate lace onto the atc.  I love lace, so this was loads of fun!

This is what I made for Donna


This is What Donna made for me.  The lovely photo is her Great Great Aunt.


I also participated in a Marie Antoinette bottle swap over at the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group.  I also love altering bottles, so of course, this was also a blast!

This is what I made for Marti.



6 comments:

The Altered Paper-Creations by Tee said...

You Do Beautiful Work Kelly! Hugs,Tee

Marti McClure said...

Hi Kelly! Thanks again for the lovely bottle. ~Marti

Amy said...

Wow on the bottle it is so pretty!

my cup of tea said...

I loved my lace ATC you created for me! Thank you! Cool bottle!
~Donna~

T's Daily Treasures said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's sudden death. That is hard. My mother-in-law died from cancer and we saw her quick decline so knew it was coming. But when my father-in-law died from congestive heart failure at the age of 72, that was much harder to accept. The brain and the heart don't work in tandem when sudden death occurs.

My dad had bypass surgery when he was 45 years old so as I got older, he insisted that I keep my cholesterol in check. I must say, when I moved to Kuwait, I got into some really bad eating habits. Fortunately for me, I like food so was willing to try anything and everything and I gained weight. But when I was 39, I was fed up -- I totally changed my eating, lost 30 lbs and started exercising. I've kept the weight off and maintained, though I don't exercise now as much as I should. Walking is my choice because it is free and easy but our weather does not always cooperate. I'm 46 now -- and I just pray that I've done enough with all my changes that I won't go down the same road as my dad's family. All his brothers and sisters except one had heart surgery.

Your ATC and altered bottle are so very beautiful. I need to get organized over here so that I can find all my paper crafting supplies. haven't done anything in a while because I can never find what I'm looking for.

Wishing you a great weekend. Tammy

Martina2801 said...

Your unique art work is lovely, dear Kelly!
Biggest Hugs
MARTINA xoxx