Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Crafting and a Swap

 
Hi all!  I just wanted to share some of the things I created and an atc swap I participated in.
 
I purchased this standing metal frame made by Prima a few months ago.  I wasn't particularly thrilled with the original color, so I painted it a vintage white and aqua.   I added some images from the Graphic 45 By the Sea collection, flowers, seam binding, sand, shells and a cute sea gull chipboard sticker from K and Co.   
 
 
I love vintage seed boxes and the reproductions, but vintage or not, they are expensive, so I decided I was going to make my own.  I painted a cute, wood box I found at Hobby Lobby, downloaded some vintage seed packet images from Etsy, added some chipboard alphas and a few rubon leftovers and voilà, a seed box! 
 


I received these lovely "True Blue Sweetheart" atc's from Donna, Sylvia and Michele.  Thanks to the lovely Kimberly for hosting yet another wonderful swap!

 
These are a few tags I created using some of Dina Wakley's rubbers stamps.
 







8 comments:

my cup of tea said...

Hi Kelly! Love your sweet little seed box and your great tags! Your By the sea- is adorable! It gave me an idea! Lets see if it works out.
Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! Glad you liked my ATC!
donna

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The seed box is gorgeous Kelly!
Imagination is a wonderful thing and I love how you've turned the ordinary into a beautiful work of art!
Hugs
Shane

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kelly, your work is always amazing. I love the seed box and was thinking of doing something like this after I did one for a friend.
By the sea is gorgeous and your tags are incredible.
You have been busy and everything turned out perfect. Great swap treasures.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs

Stephanie said...

You always amaze me with your talent, Kelly. I just love that seed box and the tags are simply lovely!

Happy weekend to you!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What lovely creations!! I love your seed box, that's so pretty! And such a cute redo "by the sea!" :) Happy new week! xo Holly

WW said...

Hi Kelly,
I received one of your cards in the True Blue Sweetheart Swap. It's very nice, thank you.

Gaby Bee said...

Wonderful projects, Kelly! Everything turned really perfect. Love especially your seed box...so beautifully made!

Martina2801 said...

Bravo once again, dear Kelly!!! Fantastic creations. You are so inspiring!
oxo MARTINA