Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

It's Good To Be back!

Hello my blogger friends!  It's been so long since I posted.  I've neglected my blog and my life, because I was seeking treatment for depression, anxiety and anger.  I didn't want to write this, but I felt like I needed to, because I feel it's good for my recovery process.  I'm feeling much better these days due to my wonderful family and friends, a great therapist and psychiatrist and a medications that are FINALLY working.  If it wasn't for the above, God only knows where I would be now.  I wanted to start new, hence the new blog look.  It's fresh and updated, just like how I feel right now!  Part of treatment was to practice Coping Skills.  The two I use most often are Radical Acceptance (accept what I can't change and let it go.  Focus my attention and energy on what I can control and change:myself.) and Mindfulness (focus my attention on the here and now.)  I've been keeping busy with crafting, reading, walking, organizing my crafting space and doing fun activities with my family and friends.  I no longer want to isolate and push the fun and positive things out my life.  It's going to be a long road ahead, probably the rest of my life, but I don't want to be in that pit of despair ever again, because it SUCKS!  Well, that's enough of that!  Sewing has been so therapeutic, so I created a bunch of fabric collages that I have up for sale in my Etsy shop.  Here are a few.  Thanks everyone!

Bridal

Halloween

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

15 comments:

Createology said...

Welcome back dear. Your collages are beautiful. Taking care of yourself is so very important. Continued Creative Bliss...

Sue Marrazzo said...

All the best with your health = )
Your work is simply lovely!

Lululiz said...

It is so good to see you back, Kelly, in a much improved frame of mind and creating such beautiful things again. I am so glad you are conquering your demons and continue to get better.

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet friend and welcome back! I appreciate your honesty and I will be praying for you, dear Kelly.

I love the new look of your blog - so fresh and pretty :) And of course the things you make are always beautiful. Hugs to you!

Linda said...

Hi Kelly,

Nice to see you back! I love, love your collages!!
Happy Halloween!!
Hugs from me!
Linda

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Welcome back Kelly! You are one brave gal. Know that your beautiful spirit is shining through your beautiful art.
hugs and JOY,
Kimberly

Dorthe said...

Your collages are beautiful Kelly,- and thank you for your kind comment on my blog !! All the best for you !!
Dorthe

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Kelly! Just love these beautiful pieces! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a message.
Have a lovely evening.
Holly

Judy Corner said...

WOW these are gorgeous! Judy x

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kelly, welcome back and blessings to you for better days ahead.
Your creations are gorgeous and your work is always an inspiration.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you.
Have a great weekend and happy creating!
xo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Creating beautiful treasures is the best therapy. Welcome back!!

Wendy Green said...

Wow Kelly I'm in awe of your gorgeous fabric collages!! I'm happy to hear you're feeling better now and that sewing was so therapeutic for you. I love the fresh look of your blog as a reflection of your inner self. Hugs and prayers for you, Wendy

Martina2801 said...

Hi dear Kelly, how terrible to read that you were sick. But now I`m glad that you're back and admire your beautiful hangers. One is more beautiful than the next! Really beautifully designed.
I wish you further good recovery and a lot of power. My thoughts are with you. Hugs MARTINA

Beth L. said...

I am so happy to hear you are having a good recovery. Those collages are lovely and each one is more beautiful than the one before
it.

Susan Newbigging said...

Your Florida Album is gorgeous. My favorites are your wall hangings. They are very beautiful. I just found your blog and am your newest follower.