Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lunagirl Challenge and a Easter/Spring Swap

 Good morning!!!!  Tomorrow is the first day of spring!!!!!  I don't think I've ever been this happy to see Spring Begins on a calendar!    Anyway, I just wanted to share a few things that I created over the last few days. 
 
Below is a mixed media piece I created for a Lunagirl Craft Challenge.  The theme was "Fruit and Flowers."  I chose an image from a Lunagirl collage sheet called Birthday Card Flowers & Birds.  I love ferns and roses, so I thought this would be the perfect image to use.  I was going to make this a wall hanging, but I think it looks nice on the little, wood easel.  I believe the cabinet card frame is a 7 Gypsies book cover to make a mini album.  I sprayed the cover with some Tim Holtz spray ink, stamped the corners with my absolutely favorite doodle stamp,  glued little pieces of paper from an old French gardening book, painted and added the wood piece at the top, sprinkled some silver glass glitter and embellished with a fairy, flowers and a butterfly.
 

 
The box below was created for an Easter/Spring swap at Viv's blog Viv's Whimsy.  I loved creating this box full of Easter/Spring goodies for my partner Catie.  I used the Graphic 45 paper line called Botanical Tea and just added everything else.  The woman at the UPS store told me to wrap cardboard around the bird, so I'm praying that the bird and everything else stays intact.  I worry so much about a package making it to someone in one piece!






This little round frame was originally a glossy white, but I decided to paint it with yellow chalk paint.  I added the silver glass glitter, purple flower and cute bunny image.  This was included in the box of goodies above.
 

I've been having so much fun creating cards lately!  This Easter card is for my swap partner Catie and is also included in the box above.  Don't you just love that sweet image with that precious lamb?
 


 

27 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Oh, your box and cards are so pretty! I especially love the birdie. :)

CatTales said...

You are very talented and creative! I am looking forward to spring, too. Have a great afternoon.

Karen Lunagirl said...

So beautiful! It really captures the exuberance of Spring! Like you, I'm especially glad to see springtime this year. Thanks so much for joining in my Fruit & Flowers challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com, Kelly. I look forward to seeing more of your work! ~ Karen

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Kelly I see you have been very busy creating such beautiful and lovely things. I love the box and the cards. They are all so pretty! You are very talented at what you create!
Julie xo

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kelly, your swap gifts are gorgeous and your partner is going to love these treasures. You are such a talented artist. I just love the birdie box.
Everything just sings springtime.
Enjoy it tomorrow and Happy Spring.
Hugs, CM

Debbie said...

more great stuff with a beautiful flare for this season!!!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh, I know how lucky Catie is having you as a partner! Just love the beautiful festive box and your amazing cards, and what a sweet framed bunny!

I always worry anyway, so when the shipper warns you, yikes,it makes it worse. I'm sure it will get there just fine.

Your Lunagirl challenge piece is stunning! Happy Spring!

Pamellia Johnson said...

Such an amazing collection of spring projects! I just love all the wonderful colours and patterns! Gorgeous flowers and I love that 3d bird! Stunning work Kelly! hugs :)

Michele said...

I am so happy spring is here as well. It was a very cold and windy winter here on the lake.
Love, love all of your spring items, specially the card.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Michele

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous projects, the first does look great on the easel, pretty fairy, great vintage feel. Your box is wonderful, I sure hope it makes it to her all in tact also! She will love her card too!

Karin said...

Gorgeous creations, I especially love the cards!
Enjoy your weekend!
Groetjes Karin

Stephanie said...

Your post is full of sweet Spring goodness! I love your creations, my friend.

Happy Spring! Hugs

Decor To Adore said...

What sweet springtime tweets! Thank you for the inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend!

Michele said...

your work is stunning! xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh what an abundance of beautiful Spring flowers, butterflies and birds on each project here Kelly.
Tell me what is your favorite Tim Holtz doodle stamp that you refer to?
Hope you have a lovely Spring Sunday,
Hugs,
Suzy

Tete said...

Hope you are having fun with spring there! Love all your playtime creations. Have a great week!

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Kelly your cards and box are so beautiful spring creations.
Anni

".E." Lizard Breath Speaks, It's Beth said...

i love the birdie ... love all the springy views. i am in need of some spring. it is so sunshiney around here but the chill in the air is freezing still. ( :

butterfly said...

What fabulous springtime projects - great use of the vintage images on that first one, and the little bird is adorable!
Alison xx

CatTales said...

Kelly, I do not have your email so I am responding here. Thank you so much for your kind expression of sympathy in the loss of little Harriet. I am sorry for your grief over your Annie. I'm thankful through blogging to have understanding and compassionate friends. Thx again. Mildred

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love all the soft Spring colors you've used in your beautiful projects. Blessings!

Cristina Garay said...

They're all gorgeous pieces! I just adore the Easter card, the colors and the sweet picture, so pretty!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Beautiful creations!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Starr White said...

Everything here is so pretty, but I am in love with the little bird - so sweet! Your swap partner got lucky!!

Dorthe said...

Wonderful easter pretties, Kelly, and so many different creations- love your cards, and the sweet bird. So many details on every piece !!
Dorthe, xo

Sharmon Davidson said...

Goodies, for sure - so inspiring!

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Kelly,
I must get busy creating something for Easter, and perhaps a bit of glitter too!
It's so beautifully spring here with all your collaged colours.

See you and your inspiring beauty soon.

Xx
Dore