Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Much to Share Part 3

Good morning all!  A lot going on right now, so not much time to create a blog post.  Here are some things that I've created in the last few weeks.  With work, birthdays, yard work, etc. winding down a little bit, I'm so hoping to catch up with weekly blogging schedule!

I love decorating and making stuff for July 4th.  I don't know why, but it's fun and I love the colors and the fun, vintage ephemera to play with!  Below is a wall hanging that was created using a plain ole' wood frame from Michael's, vintage sheet music and postcard, paint, stencils, large bow, glittery stars and vintage seam binding.


Below is a collage I created for week 2 of Summer of Color 2015.  The colors for week 2 were pink + pink + orange.  Pink and orange remind me of the beach, so I created a beach collage.


Week 3 colors of Summer of Color 2015 were purple + purple + yellow.  I have a couple of awesome French fashion magazines from the early 20th century, so I decided to incorporate an old French ad with the purple and yellow colors.  I love how this turned out!


Below is a tag from Tag Tuesday.  This is a few weeks old.  The theme was "Out of Our Comfort Zone."  I really don't do a lot of stamping and water color pencil stuff, but of course I have the supplies!  So I decided to stamp and water color.  I had a little bit of fun!


Another Tag Tuesday creation.  Last week's theme was "On the Ocean Wave."  I kind of messed up with the theme.  For whatever reason I thought it was more of a beach theme.  Oh well, my mistake......Before I created this tag, I should have went back and read the prompt again.


Below is another ICAD (Index Card A Day).  The index cards are a lot of fun to make.  I'm not making them everyday, just when the time strikes.


Hooking up to the following linkup parties:

The Enchanting Rose : http://theenchantingrose.blogspot.com/2015/06/roses-of-inspiration-linkup-26.html

Cook and Crafting With J & J : http://julieslifestyle.blogspot.com/2015/06/cooking-and-crafting-with-j-j-link-up-5.html

Modern Pilgrim : http://www.thenewlywedpilgrimage.com/moonlight-mason-jars/link-party-112-fruit-popsicles/

Oh My Heartsie Girl : http://ohmyheartsiegirl.com/heartsie-girls-wordless-wednesday-21/

Crafty Allie : http://www.craftyallieblog.com/2015/06/worthwhile-wednesdays-75.html#more

Living Intentionally Simple : https://livingintentionallysimple.wordpress.com/2015/07/01/wake-up-wednesday-linky-75/

22 comments:

Trisha said...

Such pretty creations! I especially love the 4th of July one!

~Trisha

Createology said...

You are so right with this being a very busy time of year. Finding time to "Play" and make your beautiful collages is so important. Creative Bliss and June JOY...

Christine B said...

They are all so lovely! I especially love the French purple one and the colorful tulip one! Would love for you to share these at the OhMyHeartsieGirl Wordless Wednesday link party! Have a beautiful day!
Christine

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow Kelly I love the 4 th of July decoration and the cards! Thanks so much for sharing at our Cooking & Crafting with J & J party. Have a wonderful week and holiday!
Julie xo

"...E...", from VA, Beth said...

i love the flowers. the lady in her bathing suit ... that is too cute. ( :

Missy George said...

Love the bathing suit..Very colorful 4th!! Great job..Have a happy 4th..

2amscrapper said...

I love all your art! Such wonderful makes! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy July 4th! Helene

Mildred said...

Love the coneflower and butterfly especially. The bathing suits remind me of one my great aunt had!!! lol

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kelly, I just love your creations. You are so talented with mixed media and I am always so very inspired by your designs. Love the 4th of July design and the vintage beachy tag is awesome. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun.
Thank you for sharing. Also thank you for stopping by and your kind comment on my guy's retirement.
Hugs and Blessing, cm

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I'm amazed at your talent and your prolific ability as an artist. I also love how you are able to combine such a variety of patterns so beautifully in each of your pieces. Blessings!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Fab creations by you Kelly! I love seeing your wonderful art. I enjoy creating for the 4th also, something about the red, white and blue. Such beautiful frame art! Have a fun & happy Independence Day my friend! :)

Pamellia Johnson said...

Another gorgeous collection Kelly! I really love those wood frames, they add so much interest and depth without having to use my silly die cutting machine! Love them all! hugs :)

Debbie said...

pretty, pretty craft projects!!! i love to decorate for every holiday, i leave my patriotic decorations up all summer. flag day - labor day!!!

lots of pretty details in these kelly!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Kelly these are all fantastic, love the wall hanging you made for the 4th, of course I love all things vintage :) I never think of putting orange and pink together but when I see it is so neat, perfect for summer like you say. I will have to say the yellow and purple is my favorite, along with the beach tag, love the lighthouse scene for the background and the bathing beauty with the seagull, so fun. Glad you were able to find some time to blog your wonderful creations!! Enjoy your summer!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A stunning display of the most artful creations. WOW. Incredible talent. Wishes
Lynne

Lori Leigh said...

They are all lovely, but I adore that first one with the sheet music and postcard...so patriotic! Happy 4th!
Lori from LL Farm

thepaintedapron.com said...

Your creations are so unique and beautiful Kelly! so much detail and hidden surprises!
Jenna

Jess said...

All of these are so fabulous! I love your ideas!

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

Shellie Bowdoin said...

Enjoyed your unique crafts...very creative!Glad to do #OMHGWW with you this week!

Shellie
www.thefabjourney.com

Christman's Creations said...

Kelly, I love your cards you create! So fun getting to know you! I love the patriotic item you made. Keep in touch!

Cyndee

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet friend! Once again you have created beautiful cards and tags. I love how you embellish each one and no two are alike.

Thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you had a nice 4th of July. Hugs!

USS Crafty said...

Cute patriotic wall hanging! I really like the bow!

Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party