Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hodge Podge Post! Hi Pam! (Virginia Retro)

Hi everyone!  I definitely have a hodge podge post today!  I love Pam's (Virginia Retro)  hodge podge posts!  It's kind of fun to see all the different things someone has been up to!  Well, here goes!
 
I'm finally posting two tags I made for Tag Tuesday.  I encourage you to check out Tag Tuesday.  The admin. ladies come up with some really fun prompts.  It's a great way to get those creative juices flowing, especially if you're going through a creative slump and you (BONUS!) can use up some of that old stash that's been sitting around un-opened and collecting nothing but space and dust!
 
The theme for the tag below was "White Space."  I immediately thought of winter.  I repainted a white tag, applied Tim Holtz Clear Crackle Paint and while the tag was still wet, I sprinkled some Tim Holtz white distress glitter all over the tag.  I also ran some white cardstock and the tag through my Big Shot using the Tim Holtz Thinlits die called Winter Greens and a snowflake embossing folder.   I crackled and glittered the greens and a white paper flower also.   I added a white paper doily and a metal owl from an old broken necklace.
 


The theme for tag below was called "Something Old, Something New."  I really had to think about this theme, but that's the idea right?  I was in downtown Chicago for a meeting last week and whenever I have to go "downtown", I always think about what Chicago must of looked like in the old days.  I found an old State Street photo online and used a photo I took of State Street from a few years ago.  I painted the tag with Distress Stain, used a whole package of some old Basic Grey rubons (it feels great to get rid of old stuff!), a brick Hambly overlay and misc. ephemera and embellishments.


Below is a card I made for Lunagirl Moonbeams, September challenge "Fairies and Mermaids."  Karen hosts some really great challenges.  Again, like I said above, another great way to get those creative juices flowing!  The fairy image is from a Lunagirl collage sheet called Fairies #1. 
 

I'm sure going to miss Kimberly's (ArtJoyStuff) monthly atc swaps.  Kimberly, who is a wonderfully talented and genrous artist is leaving blogland, at least for awhile I hope, to pursue other adventures.  We're all going to miss you sweet Kimberly!  This atc theme is called "Dress Up."  The atc's below are the ones that I created.


These adorable atc's below are the ones that I received from (left to right) Jess (Two Mad Dahlias), Kimberly (ArtJoyStuff) and Alice (Yellow House Studio).
 

I made this card for a tea cup exchange hosted by the lovely and sweet Stephanie (The Enchanting Rose).  I love the tea/coffee cup exchange.  It's a favorite of mine and so much fun!  You can read more about the tea/coffee cup exchange by clicking on Stephanie's name above.
 

Halloween card.  I FINALLY used my Tim Holtz Stamp and Framelits set.  I love the result, but in my opinion, kind of a pain and takes a lot of time to do.  The results are really cool if you're into stamping and don't mind taking the time to run all of the dies through your machine.
 

The altered Mason Jar is what I created for a Facebook swap.  The Facebook group is called Altered Egos.  Tamie, who is the hostess has some really fun swaps coming up if you're looking for a swap to participate in.  If you're on Facebook, check Altered Egos out!
 

The mixed media canvas is from a Brave Girls Club kit.  All I'm going to say is that Brave Girls Club is changing how I look at myself and the world around me.  Signing up has been one of the best things I've done in 2015.  Brave Girl Camp is on my bucket list for sure! 

So, that about wraps up this post!  Long post and lots of photos, but time is just not on my side sometimes.  I'm hoping I can start posting more then once a week.  What am I thinking, I've been only posting twice a month.    I'm hoping to manage my time better!  Have a wonderfully creative rest of the week my friends! 
 

16 comments:

Deborah Dowd said...

Hi Kelly, Your tags and cards are so beautiful. I am so happy I was the recipient of the tea swap card. The package you sent was perfect for me and I loved everything inside. You are so generous. I love your artistic style. Blessings to You!

Missy George said...

Love the first three. Great job!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, wow, and more wow! These are gorgeous!

Karen Lunagirl said...

Hi Kelly, your work is amazing as always! Thanks for joining in my Fairies & Mermaids challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com ~ Karen

Karen Lunagirl said...

Hi again Kelly ~ I'm back because your golden fairy card just won the drawing in my Fairies & Mermaids September challenge! Woohoo! Whenever you get a chance, email me to claim your $15 store credit to spend at Lunagirl.com :-)

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Kelly
I think you have been working very hard on your swap cards. You put so much thought into them and you can tell - they are all so great and so are the ones you received too!
Your Fairies and Mermaids one is so sweet!
Happy creating
Suzy

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hey Kelly, Thanks for the shout out. I think all my posts are really hodge podge, even when I don't use that title. :)

As always, your cards are amazing. I will miss Kim's swaps even though I just started joining in. I'm going to check out some of the swaps you participate in. I wish you lived closer so I could come over and learn from you. (You would teach me, right? Lol) Your creations are superlative! I especially love the Chicago then and now card, fantastic.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that first tag is absolutely stunning, love all the shimmer! That Chicago tag is too cool also, I love before and afters of cities. Love the gold blues and oranges of the fairy card!
Great ATC's love all the bird houses with them, sweet photo's!
Sweet tea card to go with the exchange!
Great halloween card, love the tinsel on it, neat idea.
Love your sentiment on the last one, pretty butterfly and cool background
Have a great weekend!

Stephanie said...

You are amazing, my friend. I am with Pam, I wish I lived closer so you could teach me too {{smiles}} Your cards and tags are always so beautiful and the detail is incredible.

Happy October, my friend. Hugs!

michele said...

Well, this post certainly was a hodge podge of different creations.
I Love them all, specially the winter tag.
I will have to look into some of these challenges and Facebook group you are mentioning.
Love that Halloween mason jar, awesome.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Michele said...

so much gorgeous art! what a pleasure to see your wonderful artistry! I think my favorite is the something old something new tag which is so much eye candy but I also adore the fairies piece of course. wonderful work. and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving blog love! xo

Dee said...

Wow! I think this post shows some of your best work yet. Seriously, you have outdone yourself. Everything you've created is just so pretty. I've been hearing so much about the tea cup exchange, too. I missed it this year, but I'll be sure to participate the next time around.

have a lovely weekend... :)

Oliva Ohlson said...

You create beautiful stunning artwork!!! I love the winter owl tag!!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all your wonderful comment!!
Your work is just amazing!!

Hugs,
Deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Seems I'm always running late and behind. I'm so glad you stopped by because I've been wanting to drop by your place and tell you how much I love your work.

You make beautiful art. Your tags are over the top. I'm in awe of everything you do, including your old/new take on Chicago.

I also like the ATCs. It's too bad you won't be participating in that swap anymore. Yours are incredibly beautiful and so, so detailed.

The main reason I wanted to stop by was because I did an internet search for art quilts and your beauties you have on Etsy came up. I love them all, but the Halloween ones were simply incredible. You have shown me some beautiful art, and inspired me at the same time. I hope to make some of these art quilts, too, but mine will never be as lovely as yours because I don't have the dies, stamps, and hangers you have. Regardless, you have shown what is possible if you use your imagination. BTW, I think your prices are really quite low, especially from someone like myself who would actually love to own one of your beauties.

Karen Petitt said...

I love every single one Kelly! Such gorgeous creations and the white tag is beyond gorgeous, clever and beautiful art hun Karen x