Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Halloween and Tea


Hi everyone!  I have another hodge podge post!  

One of my swap buddies, Michele - Nook And Cranny, came up with a wonderful idea of swapping altered book covers.  Halloween was the theme.  

The witch is what I created for Michele.  In my stash, I found this dour woman dressed in black.  She's the perfect witch.  I had an old book about witches, so I used the book cover from that book as my base and went from there!


This absolutely gorgeous creation is what Michele created for me!  The tears welled up when I opened the box.  This is such a beautiful keepsake that I will keep for ever!  I love everything about it and she must have read my mind that the Francis Ford Coppola version of Dracula is my favorite vampire movie of all time.  Who could resist the love story between the Count Dracula and Mina.......ahhhhh, so romantic!


The tag below is for last week's Tag Tuesday theme, Earth's Bounty.  Isn't the chipboard girl adorable?

This is the super awesome Autumn/Halloween pocket letter I received from my swap partner Suzanne Robertson.  I'm not sure if Suzanne has a blog, but we both belong to the Facebook group Altered Egos.  This is a super fun swap group, so check it out!

I also participated in Stephanie's (The Enchanted Rose) Tea Cup & Mug Exchange.  Stephanie hosts this exchange several times a year and it's one of my favorites!  If you are interested in exchanging a tea cup or mug, click on the link in this paragraph for more information about this fun event!  Below is the beautiful vintage tea cup I received from Trisha (American Honey Home).  I love the pretty pastel colors and flower inside of the cup.  She also made me these lovely autumn tags and included a wonderful mix of tea, which has already been sampled.  All were delicious!  Thanks again Trisha!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week my friends!


I'm linking this post up to Stephanie's The Enchanted Rose-Roses of Inspiration #40.


17 comments:

Marilou said...

Hi Kelly!
So good to see you again! I love all your swap goodies and gifties!! What fun:) I used to head up the swap group over at Roses on My Table and Michelle used to play, I know for a fact her creations are always so much fun and very creative!
Glad you are still blogging, it seems to have gotten much quieter over the years and then Google lost my blog list in reader and I had to start over, argh...wish they had left the old blogger alone!
Oh well like everything times and all have changing as we live in an ever changing world!
Sending hugs! xoxo
Marilou

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hello Kelly,
Wow I really LOVE that witch card you made, so cute!
You received such a nice tea cup and things from Trisha.
Wishing you a wonderful day and week.
Julie xo

Missy George said...

I love the first two. So seasonal. My favorite time of year. Great witch.. Have a good week.

Conniecrafter said...

You both did a wonderful job with your book covers, love the sparkle you added on yours and the bling at the bottom, neat image for it. How neat that she picked the right theme for yours!!
Your earth bounty tag is just the cutest, love the collage background and the ladybugs and bees all around!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your witch book cover Kelly! You did a great job. I need some help with the one you received though. It is glorious, but I'm looking for the book. :) The earths bounty tag is just precious, and I do love that sweet girl.

Such a pretty tea cup. Love that exchange myself.

Trisha said...

You guys made some awesome Halloween goodies-love them both! I am so glad you liked your teacup, tags and tea. I had a wonderful time dealing with you!

~Trisha

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Kelly, I just love your witch book cover. Your designs are always amazing my friend. Love the cover gift your received with the theme of your favorite Dracula movie.
Gorgeous teacup from the exchange. I have my post ready for the 14th. It was once again a lot of fun!
Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs, cm

JoAnne said...

Hi Kelly,
What a wonderful swap for you and Michelle! So nice to see two of my favorite swapping friends still making magic.
Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciated your visit.
XO
JoAnne

Michele said...

Kelly,

It is always such a pleasure swapping with you. I love my book cover and your choice of using an antique cabinet card, awesome!
I look forward to our Christmas swap together.
Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs
Michele

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

A feast of glorious artwork!
Love both altered book covers, that is a fabulous image you worked with for the book cover you were swapping and as for tears in your eyes, I can just imagine as this is filled with such detail and texture.
Wishes
Lynne

Karen Petitt said...

Love your witch book cover Kelly - you are such a talented artist and I love what you create - it's always very inspiring to me and I love what you created. Your swap goodies are fabulous too that piece from your swap partner is fantastic enjoy these lovely creations huni Karen xx

Dee said...

I love all of your creations, but I have to say that chipboard girl is so sweet. She completely stole my heart... :)

Diane said...

Your witch card is just perfect Kelly.

Hugs Diane

Wen Sylvestre said...

Beautiful work sweetie, I love love love that witch one, so gorgeous! xx

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'm visiting from the teacup exchange and love the one you received as well as the book cover you created.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your work always fascinates me. I love the witch you created, and of course, the one you received was lovely, too. You make such gorgeous art, I am always impressed. Your tag is fun and cheerful, and the little girl is the epitome of Earth's Bounty.

I occasionally interview people whose art I'm impressed with, and was wondering if I could do so with you. Please let me know (you can leave your answer on my blog) and I will come up with some appropriate questions. My questions are NEVER canned, but created specifically for the person I'm interviewing.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Altered art is so much fun. I've only done one piece to date. . .an altered clipboard with a french twist. It was an extremely simple project, nothing compared to what you do, but I enjoyed the process. Creativity fees the soul! Thanks for visiting my blog, Kelly. xo